(BISCUITS AND COFFEE CAKE - SAKURA CAKE)
Just follow the instructions below and, best served straight from the refrigerator.
- 150g powder sugar
- 250g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 coffee spoon of instant coffee
- 2 eggs
- 100g almonds, toasted
1. Beat very well the butter with the powder sugar; add the eggs one by one mixing very well after each addition.
2. Mix in the instant coffee and stir very well.
Assembling the cake:
1. Select the plate for assembling and serving the cake; in another recipient (flat bowl) put the coffee (with the coffee liquor- optional).
2. Soak the biscuits one by one in the coffee (don´t put more than one at a time or they will become soggy, it´s necessary for them to be wet outside but still dry inside), and place them in stacks in the plate where you are going to serve the cake. Put the first biscuit in the center and 6 more (or as many as you want to make the shape you want) around it.
3. Spread some coffee cream over the top of biscuits, smooth the surface very well and place another layer of biscuits also soaked in coffee. Repeat this procedure until finish all the biscuits, being the last layer of coffee cream.
4. Decorate with almonds (Slivered or chopped or a mix of both).
5. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.