I may not use it for daily entries but instead, it will be where I´ll post and share some of my Favorite Recipes. I hope you like them.
For this month of March, I´ve chosen Saffron Flavored Shrimps and Mashed Potatoes.
Fill free to use with another seafood.
“Saffron Infused Creamy Shrimps”
1. Cook peeled potatoes in boiling water. Drain well.
2. Mash the potatoes with a food mill; add egg yolks, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well (if too dry add 1 or 2 TBSP of milk)
3. With a spoon put some mashed potatoes around your baking dish (center should be empty) put remaining mashed potatoes in a piping bag and pipe decorative borders around the oven proof dish on top of previous spooned potatoes.
4. Brush with extra butter (or egg wash) and bake in 350º F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Shrimp filling: Melt butter in a pan, add fine chopped onion, and cook until tender.
6. Add wine and bring to a boil.
7. Add the shrimp, bring to a boil and remove from the pan after 2 ~3 minutes, according to the size of the shrimp.
8. Boil the wine mixture until reduced by two-thirds, add cream and reduce by half.
9. Add saffron or food coloring, season with salt and pepper.
10. Add the tomatoes peeled and cut in quarters, add the shrimp and stir over low heat until the mixture is hot.
11. Stir in parsley
12. Spoon the shrimp filling into the center plate (s) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and it is ready to serve.
Can be prepared on individual dishes as well.