Just a few ingredients, no special tools or skills and the result is a very Delicious Tart!
Cherries are in season although their prices are still very high in some places. I was fortunate to be given a lot of them but, if you have a chance to make this Delicious and Easy Tart give it a try.
You can also use this recipe for another fruit tart, just make sure the pieces are not too big or otherwise precook them before using for the tart. This away the batter will not be over baked.
I recommend using a shallow ceramic dish for this Tart; however, you can also make it with a spring form. Grease the mold, line it with waxing or baking paper lightly greased, and finally, cover the external bottom and about 2 fingers high of the sides with aluminiun paper to avoid some leakage that might occur if the mold is somehow loose.
· 500g Cherries, fresh and pitted
· 1 cup flour
· 2 eggs
· 1 ¼ cup milk
· 1/8 cup fine sugar
· ½ Tsp vanilla extract
· A pinch of Salt
· Powder sugar for dusting
|No crust just batter and cherries|
1. Put the flour in a bowl, add the salt and sugar.
2. Add 2 eggs and stir to mix.
3. Pour in the milk little by little mixing well until creamy. The texture will be a batter like.
4. Spread the pitted Cherries over the bottom of a greased baking dish (preferentially a shallow ceramic one)
5. Carefully, pour the batter over the cherries. Take the baking dish to the oven and bake for about 1 hour to 1 ¼ H or until it has a golden color. If using a metallic mold it may take less time so, check it after 45 minutes.
|Just out of the oven (baked with a spring form)|
Feel free to use anither kind of fruits, just make sure their size is not too big or otherwise, precook them before baking, this way the batter will not be over baked.